Saturday, January 17, 2009

OH CANADA.....HMM, HMMM,HHHMMMM....EH?

I might should have titled this post trains, planes and automobiles but we left out the trains. It was an interesting trip getting here but we made it, yea! We started out knowing that we only had a 25 min. lay over in Salt Lake City but when the stewardesses were late getting to the plane we were 1 hour late getting off the ground. Some how we made it with 5 min. to spare and Caleb and John took off running and then caught a sky cab to the gate and Macy and I were following in another taxi of the terminal!! They waited on us and two other guys running crazy through the airport to make the flight. Up we went and then as we flew into Vancouver, they were experiencing a very unusual fog that covered a layer of the ground so that we were able to see above it but as we approached the airport we never saw the landing strip until the wheels touched down. Macy and Caleb did SO good the whole trip. Here is a picture of them on the first plane doing what the could to stay busy for 3 1/2 hours!















We got up on Saturday and Caleb, Macy and I went to ski school and John hit the slopes. As we expected Macy did pretty good (her instructor mentioned she needed to work on her stops) and Caleb had a rough day. He was tired very quickly and had a problem with his feet hurting. It is an active sport and requires a lot of stamina that is for sure. I hope their second day will be better and they come away having a great experience for their first time skiing. I was proud of myself that ski school went well,I didn't get hurt and had a fun time. By the end of the day I was able to go 3/4 of the way up the mountain and ski all the way down without falling or having too much trouble. John skied down with me and it was fun to have him along for the ride. He took a big fall (luckily I didn't see it) but recovered well and I hope won't be too sore tomorrow. Here are a few pictures of the kids right before their lesson.

4 comments:

highdeekay said...

Wonderful pictures. I'm so impressed. I've given skiing multiple tries but have to agree with Caleb ... it just makes me tired. :)

Anonymous said...

How much fun!

Alisha said...

I'm so glad you all made it there without any major complications. The pictures of the kids in their snow gear are so cute! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your stay.

corrie said...

Yea! Got there safe and sound. I'm you had a safe trip out. I've only been skiing twice in college. It was tricky. I don't think my kids would got for it.
Have fun!
xoxoxoxoxo